Die soon died...

bloody thing.

OK, upright thingy with rotating brush. DC03. Brush no longer rotating.

Brush belt dissapears into housing, and seems cconnected, but all is free to spin.

What's bust? How do I access it? Is it worth fixing?

(I know. I'd sling it..but SWMBO cant admit her favourite fashion accessory is less use than a pile of stale wombat turds in a global power cut).

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IME Dysons are easy to disassemble but re-assembly into working order is a coss between a Rubik's cube and a Haynes manual. It will go together but won't work most effectively unless fitted in exactly the right order ... Go to't ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

This may get you into the thing

Reply to
Adrian C

yes.. there's another page there..its a belt of the clutch that's gone almost certainly.

Hope its just the belt.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wombat's turds would, I imagine, be very useful in a global power cut. Once dried out they would be handy as fuel.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Early models like the DC01 seemed to have a fixed drive to the belt - if you jammed the brushbar then the motor shaft would often chew through the belt. Later ones have a SDS drill like clutch that lets go with a rapid clicking sound if you jam it. Usually if the belt has gone, its easy to pull the belt out from where it loops round the brushbar just by taking the base plate off (three coin-op screws)

Reply to
John Rumm

tat belt is ok.

its the one that goes between the clutch and the takeoff for that that is probably knadgered,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher