DHW expansion vessel failed

I have an Ariston Genus 27 BFFI combination boiler with an integral 60l hot water tank.

I have just replaced the heating expansion vessel, which was leaking, and found that the hot water expansion vessel had also failed - water came out of the valve when I tried check the pressure.

Does this matter?

If it does, is it urgent?

Reply to
Chris Melluish

D'oh! Read your post wrong. Sorry.

Reply to
YAPH

If this was a typical unvented external cylinder it would imply a fault with the pressure guage and/or the pressure reduction valve.

However the integral unvented store may be a little different. So the first thing is to check the manual and see how the whole thing works.

I have a manual for 47-116-11 is this your model? It is not clear to me with a 10 minute look over the book where pressure guage that measures the DHW is located?

Reply to
Ed Sirett