Destroying it yourself

Ah, the good old days! I remember making rockets with the stuff when I was at school. Teachers were not amused.

Is there anything one can do to remove the contaminants?

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Burn it?

Sodium Chlorate as a weed killer is banned in Europe now so if you have any you need to keep quiet about it , Making Rockets and Bombs from it goes against this. Kids today can hardly do anything dangerous,poor things.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

They seem to manage OK for knives & handguns.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

And alcopops and cigs.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes, I burn significant quantites too as our shredder's useless for more than a few sheets. I usually throw a few logs into the mix as they keep the heat up and stop the fire from going out before the paper's all finished burning. I've got a big fire pit that I dug out back, and the spring assembly from a old mattress that I rest on top which does a good job of stopping big bits of loose stuff from taking off while still alight.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I cant help but wonder if the huge rise of knife use is partly the result of banning everything kids used to find interesting, and that were lesser risks.

NT

Reply to
Tabby