depth of plasic mains pipe

Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic mains water pipe should in the ground and what is the normal O/Dfor this pipe?

Reply to
Ian Brown

We put ours 1m down. I think the minimum is something like 900mm.

Depends what it's supplying. For a single house 32mm is fine.

Reply to
Grunff

From top of pipe to finished ground level Not less than 750mm. Not more than 1350mm

Reply to
BillP

Contact your local water authority, they all have slightly different rules, but will happily tell you what diam. pipe and depth. If you are replacing lead then they will do their connection free of charge.

You do however need to go through their procedures.

Reply to
Broadback

2 foot 6 inches

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Pretty well 700mm all over, but check.

Reply to
IMM

I didn't. We're on a private supply.

Reply to
Grunff

We were told 750 mm and they suggested 25mm MDPE when I re-did ours from a new tapping off the street main, which they did FOC and moled it across the road (if we were to go on a meter, which was fine by us) Mid -Southern Water Co

Nick

Reply to
nick smith