Delsey Luggage

After having the locks broken open during a check-in for a flight from the US, I now need to find a source of replacement locks.

Has anyone any ideas on where I can make enquiries?

By the way, if travelling from the USA I suggest you leave your case unlocked. (I would but the stupid catches easily open if bumped in the wrong place. Se official note below.

Travel Tips

TSA suggests that you help prevent the need to break your locks by keeping your bag unlocked

In some cases screeners will have to open your baggage as part of the screening process. If your bag is unlocked then TSA will simply open the bag and screen the bag. However if the bag is locked and TSA needs to open your bag then locks may have to be broken. You may keep your bag locked if you choose but TSA is not liable for damage caused to locked bags that must be opened for security purposes.

Reply to
John

Can't you claim for a new case on your travel insurance? I would!

Reply to
Set Square

Maybe - but hopefully fitting a new lock will be less than the excess I would need to cover.

Reply to
John

Well between that and stories of the horrors being inflicted to visitors by security/immigration at US airports (Report in last weeks paper of a woman being chained to a chair for a technical error in her immigration form)I for one won't be darkening their shores for some time yet.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

I put a cable tie through the padlock holes. It won't stop a determined thief (or security) but will deter someone who just 'wonders' what is in there

Reply to
Tony Bryer