Defrost Timer - follow on

Thanks to those who helped. A new timer arrived today and confident that I understood the circuit I quickly fitted it.

Shock - horror - the compressor wouldn't operate.

I refitted the old timer - manually wound it round - still it wouldn't operate.

Out with the meter - found the circuit to be open circuit to the motor. What had I done????

Took the terminal cover off the compressor to see if I could track down the fault - plugged it in again - and it fired up.

Had I disturbed a connection?

No - I did the job so quick and the motor was so hot that the compressor stalled when I applied power and then tripped the overheat trip.

Working fine now.

Reply to
John

Bejesus! You should have worked more slowly, then charged yourself for the second hour.

Reply to
Graham.