DECT Phone - adding a different make

What is the reality of adding an additional DECT phone? I have one Philips
Kala that is giving good service despite being fairly old now. Are there any
real concerns about adding a different make to the line?
Reply to
John
I'm no expert but in my experience there has been no problems with adding phones from other manufacturers, at least if you're adding a new handset with its own base station.
If you wish to register a phone from a different manufacturer to your existing base station then both must generally support 'GAP' in order to be compatible however even then you may find some quirks such as strange ringing patterns (e.g. constant ring tone as opposed to pulsed) and you more than likely would not be able to access manufacturer-specific features such as base station settings, voicemail etc.
Mathew
Reply to
Mathew Newton
if base-station and extra handset are both DECT-GAP compliant then basic features will work, fancy stuff like synchronized phone books, call registers and answerphones are a different matter.
Reply to
Andy Burns
John was thinking very hard :
You can add it to the line as a complete separate system (its own base plugged into the line), without any problems and full functionality. If you mean can you add a new phone to an old base/old phone to new base - then that should work for the basics, but not for the special features.
The DECT/GAP offers basic compatibility between systems.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield
On Oct 24, 1:51 pm, Timothy Murphy wrote:
The sales blurb. Most likely from the manufacturers website/manual if not the shelf edge.
Mathew
Reply to
Mathew Newton

Site Timeline Threads