Decking base

Hi,

I'd like to deck over 3x4m area of uneven (but solid and stable paving). In short, is it ok to trim the bottom of the decking joists to fit the profile of the uneven ground?

For the decking height I wanted this would mean trimming some joists down to a thin as 2 inches where the ground is at its highest point which sounds like it may be too thin?

Has anyone attempted this or are there better ways to go. I'd rather not remove the existing base if it can be avoided.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob

I'd lift the odd slab and put in short posts that the bearers are bolted too. I think that is easy to get level.

Reply to
David P