Decking and sealing / cleaning problem

I am about to do some decking around the house.

But I have chickens that come to the back door for feeding.

Does anybody know if the droppings can be cleaned up easily, and will they stain the decking if left to dry on.

Any ideas

Reply to
gray

Fence off all the decking to prevent access by the chickens, except one very short route across it?

You could use another surface for that short route, something that was separated from the surface of the other decking, for example an non-slip epoxy coated marine plywood with a low kerb each side. You could then hose this down to clean it without affecting the rest of the decking.

Reply to
Bruce

The pheasant droppings I get on my deck clean off very easily.

Reply to
Huge

Do they leave a stain, if left to dry on.

Then how easy to chip them off the decking grooves, or would a water hose be sufficient..

Reply to
gray

No. The deck is hardwood and is regularly treated with teak oil.

Generally, a hose is sufficient. Occasionally I have to use a stiff broom on them. You never have to "chip" them off. Once a year I pressure wash the whole thing, but that's to get rid of the algae, rather than the pheasant droppings.

Reply to
Huge