de-sludger left in heating system too long.......what effects to expect?

I had a plumber put a de-sludger in my heating system so the rads wil

heat up better. The plumber said he would have to come back in 2 week to remove it. That was over 7 weeks ago (delays due to him going awa for xmas etc) and the stuff is still in the system. What effect coul this have on my pipes etc? I worry about the pipes distintegrating etc I am hoping he will be able to sort it out next week

-- butterfly

Reply to
butterfly

Some of these products are much more 'agressive' than others. After treatment with some of them, the system is just flushed and refilled. With others, a neutralising agent has to be used to stop the de-sludging action. The system is then flushed again prior to refilling the system. I occasionally use Sentinel X400. It is non-acid, doesn't require neutralising and can be left in the system for 4 weeks if severe treatment is required.

Do you know which product the plumber used? If so, I'd call the manufacturers and speak to their technical department.

Mike

Reply to
MikeH