Daewoo queries on two products

Afternoon clever people. I have two product queries and to my surprise th ey are both from Daewoo. I have just had a new TV aerial installed so I ca n use my over 75 licence in a new mobile home. The chap who installed it sh owed me all the proof that it was working, however when I connected up an o ld Daewoo TV that I had been using as a PC monitor it did a search but did not find any stations at all. I looked at a handbook I found on line and i t seemed to be looking for the correct things in the correct place i.e. in UK and with all the suggested frequency range, but in the end it just gave up. I took it home and it did the same thing on my home aerial so it may b e that the set top box connecting to the freeview channels was stopping it finding the individual programmes. Or has the onset of Freview changed ever thing? So what do I need to do to make this work? I is quite an old TV but it is LED and wide screen so I thought it would be able to work out what wa s needed. Any thoughts.

The other Daewoo product is a butane gas fire also for the mobile home. I g ot it running OK and it works a treat, but when I try and turn it off I hav e to remove it rorm the fireplace and turn off the gas. This does not seem logical as I expected to be able to switch of from the top controls, withou t having to get access to the gas bottle. It is labelled Fine Elements and inside it says it is a L1188A. I found that several companies were adverti sing Fine Elements from Daewoo, but I could not find the Daewoo website to ask them.

Has anyone got any ideas about these two devices.

Thanks and regards. George.

Reply to
George

How old is the TV? Sound like it might be pre digital.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Digital now uses the same channels as analogue, which has been switched off for many a year.

You can get a Freeview STB that allows an analogue TV to be used with digital transmissions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are you sure it has a digital tuner built in?

And if it does are you sure you are tuning it and not the analogue one?

You could use an external freeview box of some description.

Reply to
John Rumm

George explained on 19/10/2017 :

From long ago, but we used to have a portable gas fire which had three heat settings via two push buttons. The secret to turning it off, was to partially press buttons in, that would release the buttons and turn it off.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Not any idea about gas, but exactly how old is this tv. Is it an early analogue tuner set? If so then its not going to work. you need a box. If it is freeview, it may well be one of the veery early ones that cannot cope with the upgraded multiplexes which as I recall had poorly designed firmware so legal changes in the standard are simply not supported by them and hence you still need a box! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have you told it to tune the Digital (DTV) channels rather than Analogue (ATV) channels? There are no analogue broadcasts anymore.

I have used a butane gas fire in a caravan in the past. The controls on it were only for selecting the number of "bars," high or low and for lighting it (press to spark and hold to keep the gas flowing until the "thermocouple" warmed up).

To turn it off you had to turn off the in-line gas valve in the pipe supplying it - which also meant that you were not relying upon its internal valve for shut-off between uses.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

[...]

se two devices.

It seems likely that the gas fire is pre-digital. If so performance on digital gas will be erratic.

B ill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Might be ok if you use a digital hose though ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

is it connected to the internet? .....

Reply to
Jimbo ....

[...]

Only if it has gold-plated connectors surely ?.

Reply to
Andrew