Cutting cement board (waterproof plasterboard replacement)

What's the best way to cut the cement based waterproof board? (as used for showers)

Also, what about drilling it for fixing?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On 08 Sep 2014, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) grunted:

With Aquapanel, I score and snap, like plasterboard; though it takes a bit more oomph to score than plasterboard obviously.

Using the ceramic Aquapanel screws, just straight through with my cordless driver, again like plasterboard.

Reply to
Lobster

1/2" / 12.5mm
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I haven't used it for some time, but I think 'score & snap', a small hacksaw for odd shapes & just run screws straight through it. It isn't very strong.

Reply to
Huge

IIRC you "score" through one side's fibreglass scrim type outer layer, snap it then run through the other side's fibreglass layer. same as plasterboard and it's papers.

Just means harder work for the stanley blade. Anything fiddly I used a multitool, but the cement blunts the blades and creates a f*ck of a lot of orrible dust.....

yup though not too near the edges as it crumbles easily

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Fine toothed carbide tipped 3 inch narrow blade electric saw.

Reply to
Capitol

?? and hold your breath, shut your eyes.............

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Done it, it works.

Reply to
Capitol

maybe but how's the cough?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

No worse than after I power planed off the Artex on the ceilings 40 years ago!

Reply to
Capitol

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

As others have said, score and snap with a stanley knife.

You can also hand saw it. Though use an old saw (or a very cheap one) as it 's not good for the blade

Reply to
Chris French