Creaking Stairs

My Pine staircase has been creaking for a few years now. The treads and risers seem to be coming un-glued from the side faces. I intend to re-glue them all and then tension the side faces together. I'd like to used a decorative Coach bolt on the outside and threaded rod. Does anyone know of a turn-buckle with a left and right handed thread suitable for M8 threaded rod.

TIA - Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

If you can't find them elsewhere I would try your local Chandlery as they may be used in rigging on boats.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

I have seen the sort of turn-buckle that is used to tension fence wire but nothing to take an M8 thread at each end.

The easy way is to just use a length of M8 rod and an M8 nut on the outside face of the stair. This will not look as neat as a Coach Bolt head.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

tried talcum powder?