Crap USB charging socket!

Just happened to see this whilst looking for something else.

Apart from having a pretty poor power source you wouldn't believe the earthing omission!.

tony sayer

I've seen that before - safe to say, it won't have passed the applicable BS/EN standards!

Reply to
Tim Watts

I have a so called dual usb psu, and I have a feeling that the actual output is rubbish. I use it to power a usb hub and to charge up a wireless dongle. Often the computer with the hub can lose its ram stick presumably because the power supply is borderline. It does not get hot or anything and its spec would suggest it was well capable of doing the job, but I suspect the hub is actually a little more power hungry, even on its own than one might suspect. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I always thought that shaver adaptors had to be fused, but one I bought at Comet just before they shut was a little loose on the shaver plug so I took it apart to respring the bits. Not a fuse in site. So much for approved devices. One might expect this from a pound store or a market but not Comet. I'm not saying its actually dangerously built just not what one would expect, so I fancy its a counterfeit. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is common for such devices to be protected by a non replacable fuse/thermal fuse embedded within the transformer windings.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I assumed brian was referring to a 13A to 2 pin shaver adapter, rather than a bathroom shaver isolating outlet.

Reply to
Andy Burns

What transformer? He means a 13A adaptor, and yes, they must be fused otherwise your shaver (etc) is protected by a 32A breaker.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Similar to what Big Clive calls his "Deathdaptor"

Reply to
Graham.