Crap House of the Week

What - you mean you don't like that 2m Versace floor-tile motif?? ;-)

My missus saw it and said "cor - isn't that lovely!". I had to smile and be glad that I was no longer in a position to afford it... :-) (and that that bathroom really didn't need re-doing for the time being)

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS
[snip]

The only place that I have seen those is at a bathroom suppliers called "Globo" just outside Pescara airport in Italy. I thought they were rather pleasant myself, but they are available in lots of differnet colourways and some just look vile. In acid yellow and black with godl taps they look rather err well tart's boudoir.

I can't really comment on the one on the program since I didn't see the program. There's a version in old Roman tile colours that looks perfect. After all the Versace ogo is simply the head of Medusa that's a fairly standard subject for Roman mosaic floors.

There you go you see, she's a woman of excellent taste.

IIRC they don't cost much at all. They get fitted in fairly average middle class bathrooms in Italy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

He has a good left hook.

Reply to
IMM

"John Rouse" wrote | Owain writes | >My first thought when they showed the cabling was that the building | >had been wired for dynamiting. | Why on earth didn't he install some sort of network, with a single | cable and each device/sensor addressable?

He did at one point mention that all the light switches etc did have little chips in them.

It'll all be obsolete by the time he gets round to installing it, anyway.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Wireless technology appears to be taking over. But having a cat 5 back to a patch panel is a good insurance and no interference from outside.

Reply to
IMM

The guy looking at installing a hearing aid inductive loop system was a bit worried about upsetting the data systems though.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I think he was more worried that the data systems would interfere with the hearing aid loop.

Reply to
John Armstrong

Think about it, which system is designed to emit :-(

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Ah, I wasn't talking about the programme, but a display in the shop below Tony's offices (it's a short walk from my house). The thing itself is rather nice, but it's the incessant and tacky (IMHO, of course) display of branding that I'm not too fond of. Bit like "designer" t-shirts with the designer's logo writ large across them. Guess it's a personal thing.

This isn't yer average bathroom shop we're talking about - I'd guess there is a large markup on things. I could be wrong, perhaps next time I pass and have time I'll pop in and enquire as to exactly how much they are. The kind of person who they're after (ie someone who buys a Versace bathroom) also wants assurance that what they're buying is "suitably expensive" (no offence intended to anyone that has a Versace bathroom of course...)

-- Richard Sampson

email me at richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk .

Reply to
RichardS

I think the stuff is unpriced on the basis that "if you have to ask you can't afford it". But it's probably cheaper than Dolphin across the road

Reply to
Tony Bryer

^^^^^^^^

Exactly, so if the data system isn't well designed and installed it will emit when it shouldn't and play merry hell with the hearing aid loop.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Especially if you cost your time in fending off the never-ending sales calls from D*&phin after the initial enquiry... and then Moben... and then Sharps....

Once made the mistake of getting a quote from Dolphin when I was in a flat in Shepherds Bush. Never again!

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS