Covering Dark Paint With White

I am about to paint my hall ( emulsion) but the cornicing and centre rose are in dark green and I want to paint white over this . Using just white emulsion is likely to need several coats and as the ceilings are very high then I'd rather find a quick way of doing this .Can anyone recommend a coating that will obliterate the green quickly .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Just keep painting white, there's no magic coating. It doesnt take too long.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It's not you that has to go up and down shoogly steps several times ..lol I'm sure I've seen a coating mentioned in here for covering dark colours .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

and use farrow and ball. About 3 times the pigment at only twice the price..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A friend of mine used some sort of knot treatment when he changed his paintwork from dark brown to white, but that was gloss.

Don't think it would work with emulsion.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

Polycell stain block spray or Zinsser Covers Up spray?

Reply to
Norman Billingham

I reckon Stain Stop as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well I've tried two coats of white on a piece of the green and it looks not bad so three coats should definitely obliterate it but I need to get a new pair os steps first ..Platform height of about 2 metres should do me ..

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Reply to
Paul Matthews