Cost to replace 25 lightbulbs- Have I being overcharged

Hi

I am a first time poster here so I hope that I do not upset anyone by asking something stupid.

I paid an electrician £100 for some work he did at my second home. It seems that all he has done is change a couple of perfectly good working lightbulbs for low energy ones (25 in all).

Have I been ripped off by this working class oink and should I have asked for a dodgy receipt to make a bit of cash on the side for myself

Yours

David Willetts

Reply to
David Willletts

What did you ask him to do?

How long did he spend doing it? Because £100 is only going to buy a couple of hours' time, if that. And changing 12 lightbulbs in an hour is pretty fast work, if they're inaccessible and he has to move a ladder around, move furniture to get access etc.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

David Willletts coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yes - at that price he's obviously used dodgey Tesco Value 4 for a quid CFLs. They'll be dead inside 3 months.

Why not - might as well hang for a cow as a goat. Get him back after summer to replace them again!

Good one!

Reply to
Tim S

I think you've possibly missed something :-)

Go here :-

Big grin :-)

Reply to
Hugh Jampton

Paxo was asking about you tonight .He called you David "Two Brains" Willetts

-------------- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

I'd never heard of the knob, politicians bore me rigid.

Mind you, if it was him, my reply would have been about right

I'll get me coat....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

politicians bore me rigid.

You have also never heard of La Ciccionolla.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , David Willletts writes

You should cuff the boundah robustly around the ear

Reply to
geoff

In message , Tim S writes

Easy tiger he's from Chatham

takes time ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Little chance of rigidity there

'orrible cow

Reply to
geoff

No one had before you mentioned the name. I suspect you're thinking of La Cicciolina.

Steve Firth

spelling mistake.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You and me both. I wonder how long it will be before they invent a replacement for their lost allowances? I think we need to make sure that= an independent body is also bought in to oversee/approve their expenses = as well. Yes the two are separate.

I gave up trying to understand the contradictory and abusive english of =

the OP but I agree =A3100 to supply and replace 25 lamps is about right.=

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wouldn't climb over her to get at you geoff ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

independent body is also bought in to oversee/approve their expenses as

When we were doing the Part P consultative response, I recall thinking to myself "but surely MP's are going to end up paying extra to get Part P stuff done too?" Well, I was clearly wide of the mark -- _we_ pay to get MP's Part P stuff done, so they couldn't give a, um, stuff about that either!

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Whoooosh

I believe three were over the moat and two under the tennis court and the majority were in a chandelier!!!

John

Reply to
John

I like the comment one Italian made on the youtube reference I gave. In rough translation:

"No style, no rythm, can't sing, can't dance, can't even act a little."

Reply to
Steve Firth

Don't diss me Wotfud man, I aint no chav, I is part of the Rochester massive innit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh dear. Its Tanner OP again, hiding behind a new name. Not very good at it are you?

I have listed all the sensible & valid points you have made below and have given them the response & respect they deserve.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How many light bulbs does it take to troll an MP? Or have I got that one wrong?

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
nmm1