Cost of travel to work - which car to use?

Our system (because for temporary reasons, we have to park the cars in a vertical line out to road) is to use whichever of them is the nearest to the exit.

Ah...

Reply to
JNugent

Oooohh. You really should've remembered the 'safe' word.

Reply to
Richard

WTF?! That's bloody awkward. Can't you park perpendicularly?

Reply to
Richard

:-)

Reply to
JNugent

/that/ explains your question. (I had just wondered if someone had spiked your drink with some weird shit.)

IMHO Lou can reasonably argue it's just a fair charge for the use of her drive, innit. And she's keeping your battery in good nick.

Reply to
Robin

And the argument before we got to A&E because I made her stop off at the cafe so I could have a full English.

Reply to
ARW

Well wait til she wakes up you dirty bugger.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You've got a good memory.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Note to self: Do not argue with a dominatrix whilst up a ladder before breakfast.

Reply to
Richard

You are over-thinking this.

Reply to
JNugent

<sigh>

Have you READ the thread?

Reply to
JNugent

I have found that for my and my wife's cars, adding business use to both made almost no difference to the premiums, while adding it to my kit car, for the occasional sunny day commute, cost nothing at all.

Reply to
Steve Walker

FFS, you?re arguing with a troll. What?s your excuse for such idiocy?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Point taken.

Reply to
JNugent

It will depend on how much you use them.

There are fixed service costs every 12 months/12000 miles, or something like that.

If you can get the two to match you'll be minimising those costs.

Don't forget the cost of tyres, and most of all depreciation.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Given that they don't buy new and he only drives the work van into walls, they have in fact appreciated.

Reply to
Jock

Last used mine on 16th April.

No idea when I will next use it.

Probably worth about £2K. Might as well run it into the ground. It's not done bad for repairs. It was only £60 for two new back springs.

Reply to
ARW