Correct wire used at last

IT IS.

Simon Mason

Not for 6mm T&E.

Reply to
ARW

I'll not laugh.

I believe I have done more to bring house electrics to DIYers than most people.

There allowed places to drill joists so that might not matter if they are structural.

As for running the cables though the soffits. It seams feasible.

Reply to
ARW

Maybe he is rich enough to have it made for him, by Russ probably, so his air bubbles sound better.

It looks like it has multiple strands to the conductors but doesn't look big enough to be above 4mm to me. He makes it up anyway.

Reply to
dennis

What did you secure the box to - and how did you secure the cables?

Reply to
Judith

10mm is 10 times as much cable. Think of it this way, ten 1mm cables would carry 10 times one 1mm cable. All you've done with the 10mm cable is shove them all together.
Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Think! How does the surface area increase relative to the cross-sectional area? How might that affect heat dissipation?

Reply to
Andy Burns

You shouldn't be making it hot.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

With a bike saddle of course, what else?

Simon Mason

Why don't you suggest to the morons making the wire to just put the current rating on it?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Because that isn't possible, it depends on how the cable is used.

Reply to
Hankat