Correct pressure and bleeding on a Combi?

My Worcester 28CDi RSF has a minimum pressure level of 1bar indicated on the pressure gauge.

What should the optimum pressure be? When should I re-pressurise the system? When it falls below 1bar cold or hot?

Also should I only bleed the rads with the boiler powered down, powered up but not burning or while it's heating?

Reply to
Richard Markham

In article , Richard Markham writes

OK to answer my own post, I have got the installation manual now!

1 bar is the correct cold pressure.

2.5 bar is the max test pressure when cold.

I'm still not sure if it's best to bleed rads hot or ocld, with or without the pump running.

Reply to
Richard Markham

In article , Richard Markham writes

Definitely without the pump running as it could suck air in. Not sure if hot or cold makes any difference, it is more comfortable on the fingers to do it cold.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

On a traditional system, definitely when stopped, as it can easily suck air (and frequently does). On a pressurised system at 1 bar, the 0.5 bar or so maximum head of the pump will ensure that every valve will blow rather than suck, so you can be lazy and not bother going downstairs to turn it off, like you should!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle