Cordless drill replacement

My Bosch PSB 24VE has been dying for some time now, well at least the battery has. Checking out replacement batteries they are in the 70- 80 price range, if available. As the drill itself is eight years old I feel it is probably a better option to fork out on a completely new drill. The PSB has done some serious work in its time and proved a real gem, however is there now a better make/model available? Comments and suggestions welcomed from the panel! John
On 01/11/2010 19:01, johno wrote:

Depends on your budget. I've been using cheapo cordless devices and decided to treat myself. I got a Makita 451 with two Lion batteries. Bloody marvellous! Seems to able to cope with jobs I would have thought I needed a mains one for like large flat bits and masonry drills. The batteries last well and only take 20 minutes to recharge. I was so pleased I added their cordless jigsaw to the kit as well, which uses the same batteries. Proves to be a real beast. It was a godsend when doing roof repairs recently. Always troubled about tangling in the lead and plungeing to my doom.
Got good prices at angliatoolcentre.
Peter Scott

Well I am prepared to pay like for like, the PSB is now about 150squid, so similar is ok. Obviously I have an eye for a bargain or a good deal, but as they say, you pays your money ...!
On 01/11/2010 20:28, johno wrote:

I agree. As I said I have being using cheapo ones. They were OK but lacked power and the chucks tended to be iffy. The Makita is is another class. The only time I don't use it is when I need large or long holes in masonry, then out comes the SDS beast.
Peter Scott