Copper prices

Is the price of copper still high at the moment. A friend is having his conventional CH / DHW system changed to a condensing combi. I told him not to let the plumber take the copper hot water cylinder, but to either scrap it or put it on ebay.

How much would one get scrapping a copper hot water cylinder?

Reply to
Slider

No

According to

copper (i.e. copper pipe etc with brass fittings on it) is down from £2900/tonne to £1200

What did the contract say about scrap materials?

I'd be surprised if many people are buying secondhand indirect cylinders, given the number of people converting to combis.

£15-£20 perhaps? Less if you go to one of the rag-and-bone man types of yard.
Reply to
Kevin Poole

As I mentioned a couple of weeks back, a builder I was talking with said scrap yard won't pay him anything for a copper hot water now (or two weeks ago). Aparently there's a backlog of copper in the chain and suddenly no demand for it. They would only pay for clean copper. They would still take the rest, but wouldn't pay anything for it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , Andrew Gabriel scribeth thus

So does this mean the Pikey's will now stop nicking it?...

Reply to
tony sayer