cooker ignition

I've got a Cannon Camberley gas cooker and cannot get the electrode to spark in the grill . The bottom oven and ring burners are perfect, spark every time. I have tried cleaning existing electrode with a nylon brush and inspected for loose cables. It sparks intermittently, about once every 30 clicks. I have noticed that the grill electrode works fine when the top oven is started, weird!

I have changed the electrode with a new original part, and has not cured the problem.

Reply to
nthng2snet