Converting to Condensing Combi? Which boiler?

Hi,

I have just purchased a ex local authority 3 bed semi which has gas central heating (rads and cylinder).

I want to remove the cylinder (to gain the space of the airing cupboard) and change the system to a combi.

No doubt this would be condensing. I have looked at the SEDBUK rating, however there are a number of products with A rating. What would be the recommendation of this group for boilers to look at considering 1) effeciency 2) reliability 3) purchase cost.

Cheers

Reply to
Bob Smith

please see the boiler choice FAQ. You get what you pay for.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I have just had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior condensing combi fitted to replace a knackered Baxi gas-fired back boiler. It meets your criteria 1) and 2) but it isn't cheap. I don't see how you can have a very efficient and reliable boiler that is also cheap!

Reply to
DIY