Converting fluorescent light fitting to "quick start"

In our bathroom we have a 20 watt IP65 fluorescent light fitting, installed a couple of years ago.
I am becoming neurotic about the fact it takes 5-10 seconds to switch on (and always has).
Pics here:
http://www.hernibles.com/light1.jpg
http://www.hernibles.com/light2.jpg
Is it possible to swap some component of this light to make it "quick start"?
Wisdom appreciated.

Replace that little round thing in the second picture with an electronic starter.
http://users.tpg.com.au/pschamb/light.html
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com

Interesting link Alan,
I had no idea such things existed. Will drop by Maplin tomorrow and see if they have a http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNoF304&doy=search&C=SO&U=Strat15
Will report if it works.
wrote

Well I purchased a "electronic" starter from the local Rexel Senate. Reliable 1.5 second starting now.
Seems to do like it says on the tin.
Thanks for the advice.
David

I'd replace the choke with an electronic one. You'll get quick smooth starting, higher efficiency and longer tube life.
--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.