Connecting hot water coil under kitchen sink Help!

I hope I explain this properly, I'm about to install a small hot water coil under my kitchen sink to speed up or give it a boost to obtain hot water more rapidly. My question is can I connect the unit to the hot supply which is cold anyway for about 3-4 minutes. It is not a thermostaticly controlled unit, but I'll only be using a few gallons at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Vinnie

What? You want to fit an electric coil under your sink to heat water?

Not quite with this one Vinnie.

You can buy instant water heaters that install into the original pipework of sinks and things. They plug in, or connect, to a standard socket, and they're thermostatically controlled. Much safer to use than an open heating coil in my opinion.

BigWallop

if its designed to accept both hot and cold in, and its venting requirements are satisfied, sure.

obviously it needs to be.

Reply to
N. Thornton

Best install a secondary circulation pump. Take the hot draw-off back to the cylinder and lag all of it. Put the pump on the return near the cylinder. Put in a thermostat on the return set to 50C or so to make sure the pump does not excessively run.

Reply to
IMM

yep that would work. The return can be in microbore.

By 'install a coil' I assume you mean a standard water heater, not just a coil of resistance wire.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton