Confession Time

After years of doing electronics a pair of my teeth became perfectly formed as wire strippers with little notches top and bottom for stripping solid core hookup wire.

Reply to
bof

Its hydrophilic and has pulled water from the air, the boards are now all soaked and will be imposible to dry out as the salts have soaked in.

Reply to
marvelus

Don't jest. I drove a hired Suzuki SJ415 down into an open cast mine once (on road use only sir...) on a Greek Island. Spooky place. Was abandoned in the late 70s or early 80s or something and just left as is. The beds, toilets, desks, paperwork are all still there, as the place was so inaccessible. Faded worksheets on the wall. Abandoned vehicles etc.

However, I was rather worried that the Suzuki would add to them. The rather terrifying footpath I'd come down didn't really appeal for the way back up, given that it was about 1 in 2, was six foot wide, had a sheer drop one side, solid wall the other, boulders a foot high and lots of gravel.

In the end, I made my passengers walk up, so that the inevitable catastrophe would result in only one fatality. However, the jeep managed just fine. Pinged up and down and to the side every time it hit a boulder, but carried on in a roughly forward direction. I was very impressed.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember marvelus saying something like:

Not to mention the dissolved slugs in it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I hope I can remember that expression!

Mary