Concrete screed removal

Hi I've recently moved to a house which contained blue carpet tiles in ther kitchen. On lifting the tiles I noticed that they were layed on a thin layer of concrete screed. Below the screed was some nice ceramic tiles. I understand an elderly person lived there and had the carpet tiles layed so he wouldn't slip. My question is what is the best way of removing the concrete screed. I've thought of the gentle cold chisel method, plus maybe some acid. Any further thoughts or suggestions gratfully received.

Reply to
T. Sheehan

basically forget it. Or be prepared to use a LOT of acid.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Also, it may well not have been complete or in good condition in the first place.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If you take the screed off with a cold chisel you'll never know.

Reply to
Chris Hodges