Compressor for 80psi bus tyres, painting etc

Which compressor shall I buy?

Main job is to pump up my old bus tyres to 80psi ish, the cheap aldi compressor only goes up to 40.

Another job is possible paint spraying in the house.

It's only for occasional use so need not be bomb proof.

The cheapest at screwfix £90 is this one:

[george]

Reply to
George Miles

Several of the electric pumps here are said to do at least 100psi.

How accurate they are, and whether or not they would be ok for paint spraying I couldn't say.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

If you want to carry it around on the bus, Google for something like Ring heavy duty, and buy a separate gauge. The "car" sized ones will be too slow and may overheat.

If you are thinking about spray painting, you need something with a reservoir like the screwfix. What size reservoir depends on the sort of size stuff you are spraying. Still wise to have a separate tyre gauge.

Reply to
newshound

Does the bus have an air braking system? If it does and the compressor fills the tank above 80psi then it might be easier to tap your tyre air from that rather than spend out on an electric compressor.

GH

Reply to
Marland

One size fits all may not be ideal, unless you have lots of money. Inflating tyres to a high pressure can be different to having enough air flow for spraying. For example, my battery tyre compressor goes up to well over 100 psi. But would be useless for spraying.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)