Compression fitting tightness on plastic pipe?

When using compression fittings on copper pipe I've always hand-tightened p lus half a turn. I think it was just a rule of thumb taught to me by my Dad . I was wondering, however, how tight I should make a compression fitting t o plastic pipe - more/less/same? My intuition is saying it should be the sa me.
If it makes any difference the pipe in question is 15mm Hep2O barrier pipe and I am connecting to a TRV. Incidentally, I am aware of the importance of using an insert.
On 15/04/2019 21:29, Mathew Newton wrote:

IME, its a similar "feel" to compression on copper.
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 11:24:15 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

Thanks John, that's good to know. I suppose even though the pipe might be plastic it still has rigidity from a metal insert.
I did read somewhere that a copper olive should be used, as opposed to a harder brass one, so that should help with the feel.
On 15/04/2019 21:29, Mathew Newton wrote:

The person who invented the name 'Hep2O' took the end of my finger off in 1953.
Bill
On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 15:54:47 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:

Oh, right!
Did he explain why the name? Or was it not the right time given what happened?! ;-)

I don't blame him.
--
Chris Green
·