Combis - no backup

I think that you may have missed the irony somewhere.

The backup options or lack of them is _a_ point to take into consideration when deciding what heating system to install.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Backup for a whole heating system? better get an integrated heat bank with about three immersion bosses for high performance immersions.

If you read the thread adequate backup was given.

Reply to
IMM

Unless you are in the middle of the country supplied by poles, gas and power outages are rare to most people. The only downtime is generally the boiler itself.

Reply to
IMM

In a two floor house made entirely with SIPs? yes. But the fools at building control want them. Now you know.

Reply to
IMM

Presumably you know more about this than qualified BCOs and structural engineers......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You'd be surprised. They are remarkably frequent.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

?? Cold fish?

LOL

Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I seem to recall that tents survived equally well.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Just 6 times a year in a town area.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I doubt if Kobe had many tent erected at the time.

Reply to
IMM

Well move out of the third world.

Reply to
IMM

Probably, as most have seen one.

Reply to
IMM

In message , Bob writes

If you had a proper old system, you'd have a kettle on the hearth and fill the bath in the living room from it

Ee by gum

Reply to
raden

In message , Ric writes

Dunno, kids believe anything nowadays

... except for the existence of Monty Python, of course

Reply to
raden

In message , IMM writes

So you actually like the worcs 28i Junior then ?

Good value is when you get one free (and get paid £200 for doing it)

Reply to
raden

In message , IMM writes

And you should be shot for inappropriate use of apostrophes

you're forrin aren't you - that's why you tango

Reply to
raden

C'mon Ed, you can't go around exposing obvious flaws in DIMM's arguments

it's just not fair

BTW, do you have any "coalface" experience of the Worcs 28i Junior as a decent boiler?

Reply to
raden

In message , Bob writes

DIMM would run it on hot air

Reply to
raden

Maxie, is your sweetheart Dimm Lin the luscious far eastern lovely, into air that is hot?

Reply to
IMM

Reports back from what I have gathered is that it is a good runner. It is early days yet for any long term problems to show up. It is simple with no

3-way valve. It has a turbine flow switch that gives the precise amount of flow to the pcb. This is the only component that may be suspect, but that is only a guess. Overall a good one so far.
Reply to
IMM