Cement fibre undercloak

Hi group,

Does anyone know where I can purchase cement fibre sheet/strip for use as an undercloak for a porch roofing project I am going to tackle (convert from flat to pitched lean-to).

Ideally this would be in the Worcestershire area or West Midlands.

Thanks

Reply to
serialthrilla

I can't say that I have seen this stuff used on site in ages. What is wrong with exterior ply?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org:

It will have mortar between itself and the verge roof tiles to seal the ends so surely wood, be it exterior ply would eventually rot.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Reply to
serialthrilla

============== Have a look at:

They might have something to interest you. If you find something there Matthews Roofing in Wolverhampton is a stockist.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Try your local Jewson stockist for Asbestolux verge strips. The company I work for uses them for some rooflining jobs we do.

Good luck

Reply to
Bob H

In message , serialthrilla writes

Wickes (and others I guess, just never seen it) sell something called Aquapanel (made by Knauf) It's a cement based board with a glass fibre mesh. sold to be used for lining showers etc. for tiling as it is not affected by water.

I've used it for an external job successfully as well.

Not that cheap though.

Reply to
chris French