Combination tank - little then no hot water.

Have a Telford Direct Combination tank.

Turn on the tap and some hot water comes for 10s or so, then trickles to a stop. Wait a minute, repeat, same thing.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance, Alastair

Reply to
Alastair Taylor

Is there water in the tank?

Reply to
IMM

This sounds like a partial blockage in the pipe that feeds cold water into the bottom of the hot cylinder. Having had a quick look at a picture on the Telford website this may not easy to fix :(

I had a similar problem with a differnet style of combination tank - In my case it was limescale build up that blocked the bottom entry and I used a bucket load of Fernox poured slowly into the small header tank that was part of the hot water side. It looks like your tank may not have this - just the main cold tank on top?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

Thanks Peter. Cold tank is indeed on top. Tried pipe unblocker down the feed hole and can feel/hear lumps of limescale moving around at the bottom. Managed to get a good flow for 10 minutes or so, then the damn thing blocked again.

Have tried 2KG DS3 through a funnel, but not having much luck. Will try another dose later. How effective is DS3? Any more aggressive cleaners that are safe with this type of kit? If I cut the supply off from any plastic pipes, is DS40 a good idea?

Alastair

Reply to
Alastair Taylor