combi size advice

Most combis are sub £1k and most manufacturers make them from 24kW (output) and upwards.

I presume that you have a good water main other wise the new tank may not be as desired.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You can obtain (although they may need to be ordered in) a true 1" or 28mm gas meter union, with a full bore. A normal domestic gas meter can provide

64kW of gas, (6m^3/hr).

There is only a little pressure lost by having one fitting at a nominal

22mm/0.75" however the fitting is in the worst case location as all the gas for the entire installation passes through it.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

... let alone that pressure drop is proportional to the square of the flow rate, and inversely proportional to the forth power of pipe bore.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I could not find any oil ones that cheap that did >20KW.

Not as good as we would like. 15mm feed. Pressure is good though. Think we have about 3 bar or better here. And he is down the hill from me..4 maybe.

However all the new work will be 22mm and if time and money permits that will be uprated back to the stopcock in a future upgrade.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher