Combi question.

I wish my Ma could do up houses.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, the salt tablets do reduce scale.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well, he says he buys and renovates houses. So the cheapest and easiest 'solution' is likely to be used for everything.

The beauty of DIY is that you can use the *best* solution tailored exactly to your requirements. Not what some cheapskate developer decides is cost effective for him.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Stop making things up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

*APPLAUSE*
Reply to
Huge

Well, you've made up the above line about me.

Of course strictly speaking a van driver doesn't work in the building.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He did miss one line though....

"The dog won't lick your bollocks"

(of course that could be an impossibility)

Reply to
Andy Hall

I never. It is true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is strange. Little Middle England humour. How odd.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Eyethenkewe

After the hacksaw slipped...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Unlike your wilder claims about having degrees in this and that which are plainly false - given that you'd fail any exam trying to just write one of your many names - my career is an open book.

I don't give a stuff who knows what I do for a living, where I live, or what my personal circumstances are. So have no need to live in a fantasy world. Which in your case needs treatment. And I mean that most sincerely, folks.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is that poetry?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The key point is that he is not a developer, merely a sock puppet! If you are a landlord, the main thing that you want is 30 year reliability. I know. The low installation cost of cheap combi systems is wiped out by repair costs after about 5 years. As a landlord, you don't care how efficient the system is, only profit counts!

I know that Ed is in favour of sealed systems, but from a cost of maintenance viewpoint, open systems are better IME. Indeed as I believe you also have found?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

How would you know?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That I don't know. He's posted here for quite a long time, off and on. But has decided to have a go at me for his own reasons. Fairy nuff.

I can see that - but a property developer? Quick make over and sell.

Could be. And this is a DIY group, where advice should be independant of what landlords or property developers find the most cost effective solution. It should be tailored to the actual requirements of the questioner.

I can see the benefits where space is at a premium. Same as combis. Horses for courses.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Look at the link Dr Drivel/Dr Evil/IMM gave to one of my posts. You will see a list of what to do in renovating a house from bitter experience. Cheap and nasty I am not, as I would not sell a house quickly and get to near the asking price if cheaply fitted out.

The latest house will have a Triton Tower Shower body jet panel. These really help sell a place and ensure you get your asking price. Triton specify, only a minimum of 8 litre a minute for each of hot and cold. The more flow the better. A high flowing combi should do it, or even two of them. As I may fit two Tower Showers I am considering a thermal store. IMM has alerted me to the high flow Japanese instant water heaters, so another option to assess. The less space cylinders and boilers take up the better, or get them out of the way in the loft, with the smallest and more powerful equipment the preferred option.

Goodnight

Reply to
timegoesby

If you had a clue you would realise the inaccuracy of that statement.

Reply to
Matt

He did make that up, you've hardly worked at all for ages as you spend all day posting in here.

Back to the counter Drivel, sell some more tanks and make me richer.

Reply to
Matt

Of course he did. 10/10 for observation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel