A grands worth of profit for a days work!

Nice eh? Just had a quote for a new boiler from a local and small company. £1650.00

pretty simple swap over apparently (according to my mate who is a plumber). Surfed the net for retail cost of the boiler recommended. £550 inc vat.

gonna pay my mate a couple of hundred pounds for a days work. to fit it for me and I'll still be £900 less worse off.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Is the rest of your your system ok - or will the controls need updating to meet current regs - TRVs on radiators, boiler interlock, etc.?

Is your mate qualified to commission the boiler and issue the necessary certificates?

Reply to
Set Square

no other changes needed, just a boiler swap.

he is a qualified plumber with gas yes.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

He would be charged extra for that, also how on earth can anyone call adding TRV's to a system an "update"? (unless they are using Microsnot inverse logic).

Reply to
Peter Parry

A long a you get the required certificate when your mate informs corgi/ building control then you are quids in. Just one strange thought. Why did you not go to your mate in the first place?

Reply to
IAN

cus im curious! and quotes are free.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Well we fitted the new boiler yesterday, took my plumber mate 6 hours work. He charged me £220 for labour. the boiler cost £575 for a Worcester 12ri and flue from PTS in Derby. Total cost £795!! Saved myself £1075!! ....and i even got a better boiler (modulating)!

steve

Original post............

[...]

And wanted to know just how expensive "friends" are these days?

Which are the most expensive, the fat ones or the tall ones? Or don't you weigh and measure them?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil