Combi-boiler - No Hot Water unless CH is on.

My new young neighbours tell me that they cannot get hot water from their combi-boiler unless the central heating is also on. If the CH is off, then the boiler lights on turning hot tap on, then dies.

Is this a common fault, simply answered ? or do the experts here need the make and model etc. ?

I'm simply trying to be a helpful neighbour in this case.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

yes, yes, might help (but the answer will probably be the same...)

Tell em it sounds like their diversion valve has failed.

Reply to
John Rumm

...which in many model is often moved by the DHW flow diaphragm valve, these diaphragms are a relatively troublesome part.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

although it does light the burner by the sounds of it - so it must have noticed the tap is on at least...

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry, I missed that bit in the OP's.

Reply to