Combi boiler installed in cellar. No overflow attached as nowhere to go...

I have just had a look at a property I own that is rented out. The combi boiler is installed in the cellar but does not have an overflow attached to it as it is below ground level and there are no drains.

Will the boiler be fine as it is or do I need to fit an overflow connection. If I need to fit an overflow, can it rise from the bottom of the boiler and up to the flue level, before it goes outside without any problems?

Many thanks in advance for any comments.

Reply to
lavenders19

I think you mean a pressure relief pipe. It can rise. When outside have a downwards looking elbow a short piece of piece and an elbow facing towards the wall.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, sorry, I meant a pressure relief pipe. It's the one that opens up at 3-bar. What are the consequences of doing nothing?

Reply to
lavenders19

Damp cellar..?

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Not sure about the full regulations here but there is a duty of care involved in that the hot discharged water shouldn't be able to injure anyone.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Read my post.

Reply to