Coarse kitchen sieve

Look for the mesh screen type cover thingies used to stop chip fat spraying from frying pans.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Spatter guard?

Reply to
Ophelia

That's what I know them as, but if the mesh was as course as he wanted, the spatter guard could not do its job.

Take a look in a DIY store and try and find, or ask for, the perforated sheet metal and see if one of those has the right sized holes. It is meant for decorative use and is flat. Don't buy the aluminium version. The contact with aluminium is suspected to cause Altzimers (sp) disease. Though quite why I have no idea as we have been using aluminium pans for years. Copper, brass or steel should be OK though.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Of course! Why did I not think of that. It is called, expanded metal over here and the holes are in a diamond pattern and you can get it in various sized perforations.

Reply to
Alex Cunningham

As it is over here, from your answer :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi Nick

you may have found what you are looking for or not - but I came across this and thought it would meet your needs!

Jane

The damsons may have gone off in the intervening *SIX* years ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

WTF is going on today?

Reply to
Adrian

Dunno, I was expecting to find that was some awful web+flash front end to usenet, but they seem to be a normal nntp provider.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The stupid f*ck club is in extended session (again).

Reply to
fred

Look in prospecting shops, gem prospectors use sieves with meshes like that.

Reply to
F Murtz

Jane's suggestion is the opposite of what Nick requested, that is a very fine sieve!

Reply to
Broadback