CO detector for boiler required / recommended?

This is the one I remember.

TMH's daughter told me about what happened when she arrived on the scene

- alone.

As a paramedic responder you do not carry a CO detector. However the HART ambulance service that were second on the scene do.

It left the surviving lad deaf.

ARW

One client now insists on a CO detector in the loft space if the flue runs through it.

Reply to
ARW

Again, if it is coaxial and fanned flue, it seems pointless.

Reply to
Steve Walker

There was a death in Wales where these pipes came apart and flooded the roof space with CO, that then peculated into a living space killing a tenant. Perhaps he saw the same news article?

Reply to
Fredxx

Thats what I did with my 4 CO detectors,

one in the boiler cupboard and fanned flue goes through house wall

Then another in the lounge with a woodburner

then another in the bedroom above the lounge due to teh chimney stack

then another in the loft due to the chimnet stack...

and of course all are interlinked.

Reply to
SH

Probably but, when our daughters moved into flats as students, I bought them each a CO detector.

Our boiler is in the garage but, if it was in the kitchen ( as many are) I?d have a CO detector.

While our gas fire is the type which does require one ( apparently - we have an annual safety check and this was the information I received) I have fitted on anyway.

CO detectors aren?t expensive - I bought a combined CO / Smoke one for under £20 ( a recognised brand) for our Motorhome. Cheaper than a coffin.

Reply to
Brian