Mounting co detector

Low or high?

Have one. Is co a low riser?

Reply to
Thomas

Neither.

hubops

The instructions that came with my Kidde CO detector said to place it on a wall at least six inches from the ceiling to avoid dead spots. The "high" r ecommendation is that the CO you're detecting is almost certainly a product of combustion, therefore heated and (a little) lighter than air.

At a customer site, the fire inspector said I needed to install a CO detect or outside the boiler room. I asked him how high to place it on the wall, a nd he was pretty well stumped, as if he had never thought about it before. Gave me a real warm fuzzy feeling.

Reply to
rangerssuck

We had to do the same. It is plugged into a receptacle normal height from the floor. Inspector could check his box on the form!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Under normal conditions CO has the same density as air which makes placement less of a major concern. Outside of heat sources that can produce CO, it is recommended that the detector be at least eye level.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices