Cleaning UPVC window frames.

On 18/02/2012 15:56, MuddyMike wrote:

I use a good, sharp wood chisel slid gently along the upvc, followed by upvc cleaner that I got from Screwfix.
SteveW
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:56:28 +0000, MuddyMike wrote:

SWMBO had a similar problem in a bedroom previously "decorated" by son No.1. We tried a few solvents (meths, white spirit, isopropanol) and eventually used nail varnish remover. She said that that was the best, with a bit of judicious scraping.
--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info

I have a bottle of solvent which was left by the installers of our uPVC windows. It's very effective. I can post the details from the label, if you want.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 51st day of Chaos in the YOLD 3178
"Threatening an atheist with hellfire is no more effective than a