Cleaning gutters

Anyone got advice on clearing vegetation from very high gutters? Is there any kind of robot that goes round gutters cleaning them? Or anything else short of hiring a "cherry picker"?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Next time I do mine I will spray weedkiller as some of them have roots in wall... which is best done in dry weather as rain washes the weedkiller off before it's been absorbed.

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

auctions

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Timothy Murphy saying something like:

A long pole with a hooked-over profiled scraper.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:35:44 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon had this to say:

An angle grinder.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Drain rod set with a 'drop scraper'. Means you don't have to move the ladder much once up. The scraper doesn't fit all gutters that well, but 5 mins with an angle grinder would modify it to suit.

I did see a gadget once for gutter cleaning with a pressure washer, never tried it though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I couldn't actually make out how it is meant to work.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Pressure washer

Reply to