Circular Saw (corded)

I need one of these for occasional use; any recommendations, B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix?....

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Reply to
PJ

I've selling one on ebay for just £1 at the moment. Supplied with 8 blades (search for "electric saw").

Someone is going to get a real bargain if it remains as it is. Now it might not be a very powerful saw but it'll be fine for smaller jobs. :)

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

I got a Powerbase Excel (1500W, I think) from Homebase for about £40. It's been very handy for me. No complaints.

Regards, Jim.

Reply to
Jim Walsh

Noticed today that Homebase are knocking out Bosch circular saws as part of their power tool 'clearance' Can't remember the price but I they were pretty substantially discounted

Reply to
JimM

Just visited the Homebase web site and saw no evidence of a special offer on Bosch, however they do have the following which looked promising:

's a 1500w 8in circular saw, reduced to £39.99 from £59.99.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Wickes have a professional Kress with some nice features at £69.

The local B&Q is selling off Skil classics at £59.

If you're looking for occasional use and don't mind a reduced depth of cut, the smaller Bosch model seems like a decent buy.

Or how about a cordless? The Lidl one is good to use and only £35

Reply to
mike