Cif makes yer eye sting?

Mine never grunted that to me.

We never had squirty bottles ...but they wouldn't have trusted anyone else even if we did have.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I reckon it's a cert that he WILL be asked again :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh - it's not just me then.

Reply to
Jason Judge

Sober, yes. Until after dinner. Awake, not 100%. An Italian neighbour died in the night and there was much to-ing and fro-ing of an ambulance crew who couldn't get access, police who had to break down her back door security grill (she was paranoid) only to be too late, wailing sons, daughter, grandchildren, assorted spouses and ex spouses, girl-friends, boy friends, partners, hangers on and other Italian neighbours, some of whom have been sworn enemies with the corpse for years. It caused disturbance from 0430.

It does make me wonder about over-locking property when you live alone. We don't have any security devices except five lever locks so doors can be hacked down..

Well you can only break it once. Might as well carry on practising washing up.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:42dfc77b$0$31495$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

One for each eye? 8-)

Reply to
Richard Polhill

They are probably right .. as I was away from home would I just lay on my back and wait for rain or go to the Chemist and ask for an eyebath and a cup of water? ;-)

Most women I know know exactly where to find their 'artificial tears' in an emergency or otherwise .. usually just after I question the reasoning that 'the clothes sale will save us money" .. ;-)

And if that comes with age Mary ... ? ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I can picture a pipe and monical Richard ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Crikey, how many years had they been dead for goodness sake!

It caused disturbance from 0430.

A.D. I assume?

Ah, but if any right minded ner-do-well had heard you chastising the spouse I think they may try elsewhere (just to be safe). ;-)

"Darling, I've finished the washing up again as you asked .. we still have some paper plates don't we ..?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

lol

Another technique is the one I got from Scott Adams (of Dilbert fame).. say yes and do nothing.

Empirical evidence leads me to believe that this is considered fairly annoying, and possibly not such a good tactic

Reply to
PC Paul

Oh like the " .. and would you put the bin bag out the front"

"Ok" I answer, fully intending to do so before the bin men turn up the next morning .. only to see her struggle past some 10 mins later muttering 'I'll do it myself then shall I ... ".

Now I swear she didn't say "within the next ten mins" ... and the bins won't be emptied for another 14 hours!

So I found out ... you didn't believe the how I got a sore eye story did you ;-(

All the best ...

Remote T i m (with WiFi laptop in the shed)

Reply to
T i m

Simon wrote;

Yup! Powdered chalk or similar, thats how it does most of it's cleaning.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Brain dead as long as I've known them. Going on for forty years for the oldest.

er?

I don't know of a 0430 AD.

I've never chastised him noisily. Silence is a much more effective put-down, didn't you know? These days I can't be bothered chastising anyway, withdrawal of favours is even better.

Makes a lot of sense.

I'm washing up tonight, it's that time of year.

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's not at all annoying, it's expected.

It's certainly not a good tactic. It never works.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

She needs taking in hand. Send her round here.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'll have you know I havemorethan one pair ofspectacles.

I just wish I could remember where they all are ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

And I gave up smoking on 23 February 1983.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You'd be OK with me in that respect, I don't buy clothes.

No I'm NOT a naturist.

Well worked out! I told you they came with wisdom .

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The solution used in one Friends episode comes to mind. Largely sterile, though not the most popular eye-wash.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

You aren't taking the 'p' are you Ian? (not a particular 'Friends' fan so wouldn't have seen it). ;-)

No, couldn't be .. not on Friends ... ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Actually, it was. Also not a great fan - it was an episode about a jellyfish.

Reply to
Ian Stirling