Christmas tree light circuit query

Lots of them do.

Maybe the instruction is merely to reduce the prospect of getting them returned as faulty because they don't flash anymore.

Reply to
hugh

Replacement bulbs are easily available on line. I ditched 2 sets this year because the electronic controllers had failed.

Reply to
hugh

hugh

In message , hugh writes

I would have thought that bulbs might tend to fail sooner if they are turned repeatedly on and off.

BTW, I suddenly decided to put up my lights (40 bulbs, 4 colours, with 8 different flashing programmes - about £5 from Wilkinsons a couple of years ago). They are indeed driven by a wallwart transformer. The bulbs are wired in four batches of ten in series, and unfortunately, one batch doesn't light (alternate numbers, 21 to 39). Three wires start out from the control box, expanding progressively to four then five along the chain, then back to four then three at the far end. It's a wiring fault, and it can't be rocket science to find it, but I'm presently tearing my hair out trying to work out the 'logic' of the wiring!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

They may well be, but my experience is that the bulbs don't make contact too well, and finding and sorting a problem once they are up on the tree is not going to happen. So far the LED replacements are much easier to work with.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Hugh - that's as good a reason as anyone has come up with and is good enough for me to ignore the instructions. On the basis that the flasher comes AFTER the fuse lamp, then if the flasher is a fuse as well, then it is irrelevant. Rob

Reply to
robgraham