choosing a freezer for when the temperature drops

We have one of those 'tin' garden sheds, that can get very hot in summer and of course cold in winter.

We want to put a freezer in it. I've heard tell that some freezers won't work well if the outside temperature drops really low.

Is there any place to get definite information about all this, so we might make a more informed choice on what make of freezer to buy ? Thanks for advice

Reply to
john royce

you want definitive statements on the climat class temperature ranges get the relevant standards but you'll have to pay for them. The above has the corect information though.

Basically anything lower than 10C (Class: SN)is a show stopper at least for stuff available in europe. Trouble is that has a max of

32C a tin shed in summer is quite likely to be hotter than that. Even Class: T (18 to 43C) might struggle.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'm not sure why a freezer should not work at low temperatures. It's usually fridge/freezers with single compressors that struggle in these conditions.

Reply to
Mark