Chlorhexidine mouthwash

I have found boots own products to be cheaper than branded stiff, but nothing beats supermarket generic stuff like paracacetamol

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

NHS prescriptions are a nice little earner

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Frankly Amazon etc. is better than any high street ever was for 90% of stuff.

The high street has essentially outlived its usefulness as a market place..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Never liked it anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If the wind can pick up a pig, it can pick up anything :-)

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Yes. Online sellers can provide a far wider range to choose from and often, for specific items, can actually get hold of them quicker than high street shops can obtain non-stocked items.

Reply to
SteveW

You don't get too many whales or super tankers or aircraft carriers falling from the sky :-(

Reply to
Rod Speed

Because of the amount of crowns and implants I have, my dentist insists that I "have" to use that stuff, but it leaves a pretty nasty taste in the mouth, and you're not supposed to drink coffee soon after using it (otherwise it stains) so the compromise is that I use it only at weekends.

I buy various hydrocolloid blister plasters, normal plasters, microporous tape, non-adherent dressings and, as you've said, painkillers from supermarkets nowadays ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maybe the price of mint extract has risen. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'll give odds on that a large percentage of Boots shares are owned by UK pension funds. People seem to forget this when they talk about windfall taxes. Or perhaps it's just that MPs and civil servants have state funded pensions, and don't rely in the stock market.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Boots was sold to a private US company Walgreens over 15 years ago and recently was likely to be sold on to an Indian Zillionaire and a US private equity outfit.

Ceased to be listed on the LSE when it was bought by Walgreens so unlikely to be held by pension funds.

Reply to
Andrew

It may not be the coffee that stains but the product itself.

You may have been recommended it for a good reason but their is some doubt if it is necessary for others without problems. The advertising uses scare tactics that may be somewhat bogus.

alan_m

We ordered coffee from Amazon yesterday afternoon, it was delivered at

8:20 this morning - I don't like making Jeff Bezos even richer while he pays his workers peanuts but you can't deny the efficacy of the operation.
Reply to
Rob Morley

At least you could see/feel what you were buying, and a good amount of fresh/daily goods aren't available on Amazon. And insofar as it is is any better, its model is premised on cheap and exploited labour and off the scale schemes of tax avoidance. And bloody great vans tearing around streets delivering same day essentials like pencil sharpeners.

That's shifting to different markets - leisure and social spaces.

Reply to
RJH

Surely better for an already warmed up van to travel the short extra distance from a delivery in the next street to you, than for you to drive into town, from a cold-start, to buy a pencil sharpener? They can be essential - you may need one for your work or the school may be threatening detentions for anyone not having their full kit with them the next day.

Reply to
SteveW

There is a need to fondle stuff and ask questions, answers to which are not always obvious on the Internet. The High St hasn't worked out, yet, how to marry these two things up. An obvious part of the solution is to move those stores out of town to the trading estate, and make sure it's within walking distance of the P&R.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ah, I missed that. However...

lists the top 10 shareholders of "Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc". They all appear to be the kind of funds that pension funds use.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Nope.

You don'y need a pencil sharpener to sharpen a pencil.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Was it still hot though ?

Reply to