Chimney Balloons

Hardly likely to pipe up that they're spamming sacks of shit, are they?

Reply to
Huge

Yes I can confirm neither Chimney Balloon or Chimney Sheep are my customers= . I can also confirm I am a customer OF Chimney Sheep. And yes I come from = the same very small town of Cockermouth hence why the ISP is the same.=20

To be accused by some on here of bringing the tone down is a little rich wh= en you see the school yard unjustified insults hurled about... and most of = the worst seem to come from anonymous posters unlike my posts which are cle= arly traceable - why would I use my own business email if I wasn't genuine.= =20

Well done for ruining what was a useful forum.

Reply to
darrenward

And when you forget it's there and light a fire...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

uk

That's why I'm impressed with the chimney sheep as its handle (which can be= lengthened) extends down so its visible to remind you not to light the fir= e while its still up there. A wad of insulation would be cheaper but can ge= t lost in the flue and easily forgotten, I suppose you will soon find out w= hen you light the fire that the flue is blocked but its not ideal.=20

No doubt I'll get flamed again for being positive about something I've boug= ht from a local business but the internet is full of some very cynical peop= le and I know I'm legit :)

Reply to
darrenward

Wool varies, but usually burns slowly, just self-supporting a flame, although in this case it would be exposed to flame. It gives off hydroden cyanide when burned, which is a common cause of death in house fires from burning wool and synthetic polymers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ah but the chimney sheep is made of felt which although made of wool is dif= ferent and is naturally fire retardant. Take a look at this quick list of t= he advantages of felt

(and no = I don't have a contract or any relationship with that company either!)

Reply to
darrenward

Piss off; it's survived worse.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Rule 1 - spammers lie.

Get over yourself. Everyone else has.

Reply to
Steve Firth

chimney stacks.

One post to a message that is a few years old does not constitute SPAM nor does it validate a witch hunt. All those that shout SPAM in such instances could be likened to the modern day Matthew Hopkins.

ooohhhh 10 points to the first pack-dog that can find rip the throat out of a passer by, whether innocent or simply misguided.

It's always interesting to have others highlight products that are topic in the general format of the group (as diverse as it can get) Any any support to UK business innovations that are cheap, simple and effective is also good, plus it allows far more independent and critical analysis of said product, often bringing to light a cheaper (free) and just as effective alternative.

One post is fine in my opinion. multiple and repeated posts offering nothing more than product promotion are when the post(s) can be classed as SPAM.

" Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems."

None of which is relevant to the poster and his single post. Neither does it contravene the charter (suggested rule-set) of the group as one does not and has NEVER existed.

"new balls please"

--

to HM Forces and the toughest gyms in the country.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Forum my arse.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'd rather not thank you.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Quit wriggling. If you're even half-competent as a web monkey, you will know that spamming is not a welcome behaviour.

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan