cheap / diy tanking

There's loads of stuff about tanking and kits for around 10m2 costing like 100 quid etc. I think the tanking people are possible on the ripping-off side. If all was required was to tape joints in boards such as wedi / aquapanel, what would be the most cost-effective solution ? Surely just some scrim tape like fibreglass, and some waterproofing solution. Only problem is something like liquid rubber would not allow adhesion of tile adhesive. What would be the best waterproofer to use with the scrim tape ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Try car body filler :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe there's a waterproof adhesive tape. Aquapanel is a better surface to stick to than plasterboard. If you're tiling all over, I wouldn't bother with tape. An SBR/cement mix would be a good gap filler

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Polyester resin?

Reply to